WBCS Mains 2018-Answer Key/ Paper III/ SET D *(Click here for the Question Paper)
1. Forest Rsearch Institute: A. Dehradun.
2. Bandipur National Park: C. Karnataka.
3. Mangrove Vegetation: B. Sajnekhali District of South 24 Parganas.
4. Proportion of Forest cover: C. 33.3%
5. Weather Map of India: D. Pune (IMD headquarters)
6. 20% or more area suffers from rain deficits: B. Draught year.
7. Rainfall from NE monsoon: D. Tamil Nadu.
8. Low pressure of Indian Sub-continent: C. NW India.
9. Delhi winter rainfall: D. Western Disturbance.
10. Nagpur gets scanty rainfall: D. Leeward side.
11. Western Disturbance in: A. Punjab and Haryana
12. Driest region in India: B. Marwar.
13. Tropical cyclones: B. Andhra.
14. Wetlist place in india: D. Mawsynram.
15. Annual rainfall less than 50 cm: B. Leh in Kashmir.
16. Mumbai receives more rainfall: C. Mumbai is on the windward side.
17. River used as inland waterways: A. Ganga.
18. Srinagar is located: B. Jhelaum.
19. Nasik is situated: B. Tapi.
20. River in Indian desert: A. Luni.
21. Pong Dam: C. Beas River.
22. River under dispute: B. Narmada.
23. First Multipurpose project: B. Damodar.
24. River which joins Ganga from south side: C. Son.
25. Rana Pratap Sagar Dam: B. On Chambal River.
26. Kesari: A. Sarbajanik Sabha.
27. Landholders Society: A. 1838.
28. Gaukarunanidhi: B. 1881
29. Devnagari script: D. 1900.
30. Muslim League: C. Nawab Salimullah.
31. Rast goftan: A. Fardinji Naoraji.
32. Indian Musalmans: D. William Wilson Hunter.
33. Child Marriage Restraint Act: C. 1929.
34. Communist party of India: D. Hindu Radicals.
35. Kudi Arasu: B. E. V. Ramasamy Naicker.
36. First Woman Legislator: C. Muthulaxmi Reddy.
37. Franchise for women: B. Madras.
38. Mahakali Pathshala: B. Mataji Tapaswini.
39. Sarojini Naidu: A. Nari Satyagraha Samiti.
40. Pandita Rambai: C. Arya Mahila Samaj.
41. All India Women Conference: D. Margaret Cousins.
42. Nair Service Society: C. 1914.
43. Mahad Satyagraha: C. 1927.
44. Bharat Sramajivi: B. Sasipada Ganguly (Banerji).
45. All India Depressed Classes Conference: A. 1920
46. Guruvayur : A. 1931.
47. Satyasodhak Samaj: B. 1873.
48. SNDP: A. Sri Narayan Guru.
49. Justice Movement: D. E V Ramaswamy Naicker.
50. Bartaman Bharat: B. Swami Vivekananda.
51. Meghna: D. Ganga and Brahmaputra.
52. India Nepal Joint River Valle: D. Kosi.
53. Surat: A. Tapti.
54. Source outside India: A. Brahmaputra.
55. Indus originates: D. Kailash Range.
56. Rihand dam: C. Son.
57. Tsangpo: B. Brahmaputra.
58. Confluence of Alakananda and Bhagirathi: B. Devaprayag.
59. Nathpa Jhakri: C. Himachal Pradesh.
60. Hydroelectric project not in Tamil Nadu: A. Idukki.
61. Longest Irrigation canal: C. Indira Gandhi Canal.
62. Ganga Canal: A. Uttar Pradesh.
63. Tehri Dam: B. Bhagirathi.
64. Canal irrigation: D. Uttar Pradesh.
65. Wrongly matched: Sabarigiri project – D. Gujarat.
66. Tala Hydroelectric Project: B. Bhutan.
67. Canal in WB: C. Eden Canal.
68. Hirankud Dam: A. Mahanadi.
69. Farakka Barrage: A. Save Kolkata Port.
70. River joining Yamuna/ Ganga: D. Betwa.
71. River makes an estuary: C. Narmada.
72. Longest beach: D. Marina beach.
73. Amarkantak Plateau: A. Narmada River.
74. Tropical deciduous plant: C. Sandalwood.
75. A narrow strip: D. Isthmus.
76. Sagar Matha: C. Mt. Everest.
77. Central highlands: C. Igneous and Metamorphic rocks.
78. Palghat: C. Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
79. Palk Strait: A. Bay of Bengal and Gulf of Mannar.
80. Kerala Coast: B. Malabar coast.
81. Guru Sikhar: D. Aravallis.
82. Majuli: B. Assam.
83. Deccan Trap: C. Cretaceous Vulcanicity.
84. Largest Coastline: A. Andhra Pradesh.
85. Andaman and Nicobar Islands: A. Ten Degree Channel.
86. Cities and towns to the northern most latitude: A. Patna.
87. Baltora Glacier: A. Karakoram Ranges.
88. Length of Coastline: D. 7000 km.
89. Nathu La: A. Sikkim.
90. Naga, Khasi and Garo hills: A. Purvachal Ranges.
91. Standard Time: C. Half Hour.
92. Maximum stretch of Himalaya: D. Nepal Himalaya.
93. Process of producing Sand Dunes: C. Wind Deposition.
94. Saltora Ranges: C. Part of Karakoram Ranges.
95. 82.5-degree latitude: A. It determines the Indian Standard Time.
96. Foreign Country closest to A&N: B. Myanmar.
97. River through a Rift Valley: B. Narmada.
98. City with Western Most Longitude: A. Jaipur.
99. Panzseer Valley: B. Afganistan.
100. Famous Lagoon Lake: B. Chilka Lake.
101. Sundarban: D. Deltaic W.B.
102. Maximum Newsprint: D. Rain Forest.
103. Gir Forest: A. Lion Sanctuary.
104. First National Forest Policy: A. 1952.
105. Namdhapa National Park: D. Arunachal Pradesh.
106. Rhino Wildlife Sanctuary: C. Kaziranga.
107. Nilgiri Common Tree Species: C. Eucalyptus.
108. First Bio Reserve: C. Nilgiri.
109. Wild Life Sanctuary: D. Chapramari.
110. National Botanical Garden: C. Lucknow.
111. Bird Sanctuary of Haryana: A. Sultanpur.
112. Greenest City of India: C. Chandigarh.
113. Nada Devi Biosphere reserve: A. Uttarakhand.
114. Bandhavgath National Park: B. Madhya Pradesh.
115. Watermelons: B. Sandy Soil.
116. Laterite Soil: D. Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
117. Saline and Alkaline Soil: A. Kallar.
118. Pruning: D. Tea.
119. Coffee: C. Arabica.
120. Green Revolution: D. Third FYP.
121. Production of onion: C. Maharashtra.
122. Blue Revolution: A. Fish Production.
123. Largest Irrigated Area: B. Rice.
124. Not grown in the kharif season: C. Barley and Mustard.
125. Operation Flood: A. Milk Production.
126. Dramatic Performance Act: D. Lord Northbrook.
127. Sanjivani: C. Krishna Kumar Mitra.
128. Andher Nagari: B. Bharatendu Harish Chandra.
129. Sarfaroshi ki tamanna…: D. Bismil Azimabadi.
130. Sandhya: C. Brahama Bandhav Upadhyay.
131. Anti Circular Society: A. Sachindra Prasad Basu.
132. Swadesh Bandhan Samity: A. Aswini Kumar Dutta.
133. Pakistan Demand: D. Chowdhury Rahamat Ali.
134. Women State Prisoner: A. Nanibala Devi.
135. Smuggling of Arms: D. Ujjwala Majumdar.
136. Indian Sociologist: A. Shyamaji Krishnavarma.
137. First Newspaper by M K Gandhi: A. Indian Opinion.
138. First All India Movement: A. Rowlatt Satyagraha.
139. Mahatma Gandhi became the President of Congree: C. 1924, Belgaum.
140. Non Cooperation Movement Issue: D. i),ii), iv).
141. Famous 11 Point ultimatum: D. All of the above.
142. Viceroy during Quit India Movement: D. Lord Linlithgow.
143. Quit India Movement: A. Crips Mission.
144. S C Bose INA: D. 1943.
145. Tebhaga Movement: D. Floud Commission.
146. Not a member of the Constituent Assembly: D. M K Gandhi.
147. Alvars: B. Vaishnavite.
148. Basu Vijnan Mandir: A. 1917.
149. Calcutta Science College: D. 1914.
150. Calcutta Engineering College: D. 1856.
151. Lapis Lazuli: A. Shortugai.
152. Kandahar Edict of Ashoka: D. Both Aramaic and Greek.
153. Centre of Sangam Literature: C. The Pandyas of Madurai.
154. Theory of Feudalism: B. The status of the peasants was not that of serfs.
155. Uttarmerur Inscription: A. Parantaka I.
156. Sikandar-i-Sani: A Alauddin Khilji.
157. Vijaynagara coins as Pagoda: B. Varaha.
158. Nasaq was: B. A revenue system where crop was divided at the threshing floor between cultivator and the government.
159. Dastak: D. All of the above.
160. Additional Fortification of Calcutta: B) To protect Themselves from the French on the occasion of Seven Years War.
161. Forged agreement Paper by Robert Clive: D. Umi Chand.
162. Siyar-UL-Mutakherin: A. Gulam Hussein.
163. Anglo Mysore War: B. iii), i), ii), Iv).
164. Last Governor General of Fort William: C. Lord Bentinck.
165. Carnatic War assertion reason: C. If both (A) and (R) are correct (R) and explains (A).
166. Regulating Act of 1773. D. All of the above.
167. Not a Transferred Subject: C) Land revenue administration.
168. Mahalwari Settlement: D. Influence of the Ricardian Theory of Rent.
169. Local Revolt: D. ii), i), iv), iii).
170. Peasant rebellion: A. ii), iii), i), iv).
171. Ho and Munda. A) Chotanagpur.
172. Father of the world dharti aba:. C) Birsa Munda.
173. Armed Resistance: iv), i), ii), iii).
174. Fakir Leading Sannyasi-Fakir rebellion: C) Manju Shah.
175. Match List I and II of leaders: B) (a)-(iii), (b)- (iv), (c)-(ii), (d)- (i).
176. Founder of Wahabi Movement in India: D) Syed Ahmed of Raibareilly
177. Titu Meer defeated: B) Davis.
178. Leader of Faraijis: A) Duddu Miyan.
179. Titu against Zamindar: D) Krishnadeva Roy.
180. First Indian ruler to accept subsidiary alliance: B) Nizam of Hyderabad.
181. States annexed by Lord Dalhousie: C) iii), ii), i), iv).
182. Vellore Mutiny: B) 1806.
183. Sepoy Mutinies: A) i), ii), iii), iv).
184. Mangal Pandey: 29th march 1857.
185. Centre of Revolt of 1857: B) (a)-(iii), (b)-(ii), C()-(iv), (D)-(i).
186. Leader of Bareilly: C. Khan Bahadur Khan.
187. British Officer: C) Henry Lawrence.
188. Sepoy Revolts Chronological Order: C. iv), i), ii), iii).
189. British Commanders: A. Delhi- James Neill.
190. Tatwabodhini Sabha: B. Devendranath Tagore.
191. Schism within Brahma Samaj: B. 1866.
192. Ramkrishna Mission: C. 1897.
193. Calcutta Madrasha: A. Warren Hastings.
194. Sanskrit College at Calcutta: B. 1924.
195. Atmiya Sabha: Raja Rammohan Roy.
196. Calcutta School Book Society: A. Radhakanta Dev.
197. Tatwabodhini Patrika: B. Devendranath Tagore.
198. Not a proponent of Anglicism: A. William Jones.
199. Commission’s in chronological order: D. ii), iii), iv), i).
200. Gramvarta Prakashika: D. Harinath Majumder.